Friday, December 19, 2008

Mermaid Mural


It has been a couple of very busy Months. In early November I started a Mermaid Mural on my Granddaughter's bedroom wall. She told me she also needed a fairy, so I will put adding that in the Mermaids hand. The Mermaid is just sitting tranquil on a rock listening to the sea breezes without a care. I used acrylics, added a little some pearl powders to the paint I used on her scales and fins. She looks nicely dimensional in person. When I was contemplating painting her scales, I thought that would take hours and be hard to make uniform. Then I remembered seeing celery in my daughters refrigerator and decided to use that as a stamp. I worked well and saved a lot of time. Brenna loves her. I will be adding the Fairy next, probably in January. They live three hours away, so we always have to make plans.

No comments: