Friday, December 19, 2008

Brenna Fairy




My Granddaughter turned 3 this year. My middle daughter, her aunt lives in the State of Washington and so mailed her gift. I arrived the day of her birthday party. When Brenna opened her gift from Aunt Angela she found a Fairy outfit, because she love Tinkerbell and all the fairies of Pixie Hallow. Since Angela is now living in the Rainy state she had to include Pok-a-dot Rubber boots. So being three one must wear it all, Purple Fairy outfit and Rain boots. The Wings were a little heavy for the fabric of the dress, so I held them up by pulling the fabric a little tighter and using a Clothes Pin. She was calling me from the sun porch and I looked up to see a sweet little Fairy looking at me. I had to have a picture of that! Then when I went into the sun porch she still was looking through the door and I caught her back with the boots and cloth pin. Her mom (my oldest daughter Danielle) said she looks like Altered Art!

2 comments:

Minniemum said...

Hi Teri, I started to look at your work as I'd seen a Pin of your G45 'By the Sea' mini album. I was looking for inspiration to make a Wedding Guest mini album. My youngest son is finally getting married to his American fiancé this July in a little English sea side town called Whitstable, in the county of Kent (South East coast of UK). I wanted to make something relevant and special and had lost my crafting mojo. So thank you for showing us your lovely work.
I then saw the photos of your granddaughter in her fairy dress and wings with her rain boots on. I loved that, my 3yr old granddaughter has a photo taken wearing a Disney 'Frozen' character dress with a spotty anorak, rain boots and a giraffe hat. They sure do like to mix it up.
Once again thank you for sharing your beautiful work. Valx

Teri Rice said...

Thank you Valx, She looked so cute peeking through the window of the Sun Room. I was so happy to be there to capture the moment. And yes, the silly mix is all the fun, a fairy fly about in a muddy garden I suppose, since she is wearing her rain boots;-)