Friday, December 19, 2008

The Baby Shower & Somerset Studio's Gallery




Saturday, November 22, I was rushing off to a baby shower for a young mother to be. I had to get there early because I made the cake. She was having a boy and they were doing his room in little trucks so the cake followed the theme. I made a little road in the land of plaid, air brushed with food coloring. The night before I had made little trucks and a little baby out of fondant.


I hopped in my van with the car riding shot gun. As I was about to pass my mail box I decided to grab the mail. I was very excited to see Somerset Studio Gallery Winter 2009 in my mail box. I wondered if something I had sent in had made it into the magazine. I really wanted to stop and look but had the shower to attend and the cake to deliver.

I had to wait 2 hours to rip the plastic off that magazine in go the page by page. Then there is was the little Halloween Witch Pocket Watch that I had made. I was so excited to see it there in Full Color, with my name next to it.

No comments: