Friday, March 21, 2014

Corset and Dress Form Designs ~ A Birthday Gift for the Young Bride

I purchased this dye cut of a corset and dress form from ebay.

My Daughter Angela had was Married the year before so I thought it would be cute to make one look like the top of her Wedding Dress because it was corseted. Then I decided I would make a series of little outfits that she could hang from a close line in her Scrapbook room.

This is the one that looked like the top of her dress, front and back. The next is what I thought she might have had on under it.

She loved the tan lines. ;-)

I made the little black outfit to go with a photo of her with a black jacket and her vale in her hair before she put her dress on.

I made the blue swimsuit to represent the Honey Moon.


I made the little Red, White and Blue outfit to represent one of her favorite holidays ~ The 4th of July. The Flag, Car Keys, Cell Phone, Firecrackers and little tags are all removable from the pockets. The jean material was a large printable sticker I had got in a card magazine several years ago, it worked perfectly. I lined a little of the inside and all the pockets with a ticking like paper.
I sent them off to her in Tacoma, WA, she loved them.

No comments: