Friday, May 2, 2008

Spring Cleaning & Making Jewelry




April 18th we had an earthquake. It may not be that big of a deal for some, but when you live in the Midwest it is quite the occasion. For some reason I was already awake and could hear some cracking sounds. I thought it must be very windy, I listened for the wind but there was none. Then the bed started bouncing. And for a second, I thought we must have left the cats in the house last night (we usually put them in the garage, because otherwise they wake us). But it seemed like more cats and bigger than the ones we had. Then I realized it was an earthquake. My husband then announced it was an earthquake and was about to hop out of bed, but I told him it was almost over. I knew that they lasted only seconds and most must have pasted. I had been in one before, when we first moved to Indiana about 20 years ago.


We had thought that there was no damage, but when spring cleaning, we did find ceiling damage, but 2 of the bedroom lights.


In between spring cleaning, I have been trying to also get some new jewelry made. Ankle Bracelet, Charm Bracelet, Earrings, Brooches, Vintage Style Necklaces. I have been making up a large variety these last couple of weeks. I also completed one of the Altered Pocket Watches I had started earlier, but had run into a problem. But it is finished and I love how it turn out, "Seedtime and Harvest".

No comments: